Friday, July 10, 2015

A NEW HONOR

     Yesterday, July 9, 2015, I attended my first meeting of the Community Development Grant Task Force for Osceola County , Fl. I had applied to be on the committee when I first arrived in Florida and the county commissioners appointed me last month.

    The Task force is responsible for over seeing state and federal funds to be used in communities for the benefit of the citizens, primarily in the low to very low incomes. I had served on other boards with a similar function here in Florida and in Calif.

    I met all the team members and staff when the meeting started at about 5:40 pm. We worked our way thru the agenda and the last item was elections of board officers. I had asked many questions during the presentation and was interested in serving in a positive role. So I was nominated and elected with no dissension. wow! That is quite an honor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment